Thursday, September 8, 2011

another new chapter

So I am finally posting again! I know that only took me like what? 3 months or more? This summer flew by. I can already feel the fall season and I love the fall, but I am not so sure I am ready for it. Mike and I have had some fun changes during the past few months though so I guess I should just look forward to what is ahead of us.

This is my catch up post where I am going to post about all of our summer adventures (since I failed to do so until now). So it may bore you and please feel free to move on :) Anyways, Mike and I didn't make it on all of our adventures we had planned on our last post (New York, Lake Powell, St. George), but we did make it to CANCUN!!!!! We had so much fun just laying around on the beach and reading our books. I loved spending that time alone with Mike, it was like our honeymoon all over again...just the two of us. We had the most perfect weather, perfect beach, perfect company, everything was perfect (except the food...we started really craving American food). I think I needed a vacation from the vacation when we got home because we literally did nothing but soak up the sunshine everyday.



Our favorite part about the trip was the excursion we took to Tulum and our cave snorkeling adventure. It was amazing!! I have never seen something so cool.  It really was the most perfect vacation to start off our long journey of continued school. Mike has 5 years still ahead of him for school. No breaks now...he is going to go all year long from now on until he finishes so we had to take a nice vacation before he went back. And this fall I just started my master's program up at Weber State. Seriously, I cannot believe I am going back for another year of school again...but at least it is just 1 year and then I will be finished. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end!
So school is already keeping us busy again...we usually don't see much of each other except on the weekends so we live for our weekends together.

Although the summer went by so fast we have some new additions in our lives that make looking forward to the fall so much better. Shawn and Ashley brought Cooper Shawn Allen to our lives :) We already love him so much!!!! He is the cutest little boy and we can't get enough of him. Mike went from never holding babies to always wanting to hold Cooper when we are around him. We love Shawn and Ashley and we are so excited for the third addition to their family. AND..... 3 weeks early but Mike and I are officially an aunt and uncle!!! Samantha Joy Smith is now a new addition to our family!!! She came 3 weeks early but couldn't be a healthier and happier baby! I am OBSESSED! She is the tiniest little thing, and pretty much all she does is sleep still, but I can tell our family is already so much happier with her in it. We look forward to all of the new adventures we are going to have with her in the family.

So with our summer ending but 2 new additions in our lives we feel pretty lucky to be us. We cannot believe it is already fall and we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary together. One year sure goes by fast!! It has been the best year though. We have had so many adventures and I hope I have posted them all :) I know I say this again and again...BUT I promise I am going to be more dedicated in posting. I just realized with how fast that one year went by that I need to remember all of the little things in our lives so we can look back on them. I am going to shoot for once a month at this point....hopefully it will be more but hey, once a month is better than once in three right!?

This weekend Mike's family is doing their annual family bike race. Breakfast at 7 am on Saturday and the race starts at 8. I can't wait! I feel like I have not been on my bike as much as I would have liked to this summer and we have our 100 mile century next month!! I am going to take some pictures on Saturday and make another post. That is the goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Life So Far