Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finally....SUMMER!!

Yay! It is finally summertime!! Well, at least it is starting to feel that way. I love the sunshine everyday! Just a few more degrees and then I can lay out at our pool all the time! O how I love summer. This past weekend finally felt like summertime. This was my first year doing the 100 mile Little Red Riding Hood bike ride with the Smith/Micklos/Sadler family (Mike's family). It was a lot of fun but definitely kicked my butt!! We went up to Logan the night before and spent the night on Friday night so we could wake up and just get going. 5:15 am we were up and getting ready to go! It was a long day, but honestly, it went by so fast! We started at 7:30 and our ending time was almost exactly 8 hours later at 3:30-take away about an hour for stops and lunch, it took about 7 hours total to finish 100 miles. I thought I would struggle to finish but I surprisingly had a lot of energy during the last stretch from 78-100. Thanks to GU!

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I stayed together pretty much the whole time. It was so fun finishing with them! We have another 100 miler this October in St. George so there is no break for us.

Before the start-all of the family!     

Cute pregnant Jordan and I about to take off!
100 miles completed!!!  

Finished!
Mike and I at the finish line.
It could not have been a more fun weekend with the family. I can't wait till our next ride!

Here are also a few pictures from graduation. I've been done since December but Allyse and I finally walked in April and sealed the deal. It was fun that we were able to do it together. Back to graduate school again this fall....




My cute husband gave me this beautiful watch for Graduation and I am obsessed! I have the best hubby in the world!
Now we get to enjoy the rest of summer together and I cannot wait! Here are a few of our plans for the summer. Happy summer everyone!
New York City
St. George
Lake Powell
Our good friends are having a baby boy in July!
Our first niece is coming in August!

3 comments:

  1. Totally thought you were having a baby there at the end! You are crazy biking that much! Way to go! Sounds like such a fun hobby! Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit I can't believe! you were on a bike for seven hours you are amazing how in th eworld can your sister in-law to that pregnant!? you guys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. Ugh I can't eat that gu stuff you should try the jelly bellies they are actually good! pss. we need to go to new york!

    ReplyDelete

Our Life So Far